It seems like actual stone however saves cash, time and labor. Stone veneer panels fabricated from robust, light-weight polyurethane is the appropriate materials for plenty of initiatives inside and outdoors your house or enterprise. And you do not want particular expertise or instruments to do the set up your self. When you have a measuring tape, a stage, and primary woodworking instruments like saws and drills, you are able to do it. This is how.
Supplies and Instruments
o Stone veneer siding panels
o Building adhesive (PL® Polyurethane Premium beneficial)
o Screws acceptable to your set up, as described within the directions under
o Filler or caulk to match the panels
o Screwdriver (cordless driver-drill beneficial)
o Wooden-cutting noticed for chopping panels (jigsaw, bandsaw, and many others.)
o For set up over concrete: Both a hammer drill and masonry bit; or, for adhesive-only set up, Nice Stuff(TM) Gaps & Cracks filler and disposable gloves
1. Be certain the stone veneer panels will fill the peak of the wall with out leaving a slim strip uncovered. For instance, say your wall wants 4 rows of panels plus only one inch. As a result of it is exhausting to chop and set up a strip that slim, it is best to plan to chop an inch or two off the underside of the underside row of panels. Then the highest row might be that a lot wider and simpler to work with.
2. Sweep or vacuum the wall to take away mud and free grime. For concrete, use a stiff broom or brush and sweep firmly.
three. Snap a stage line on the wall on the prime of the primary row of panels. If the panels might be scribed to the ground, measure up from the lowest level of the ground. If any hole on the backside might be hidden by trim, measure up from the highest level of the ground.
four. Determine the place the primary panel ought to begin by laying out some panels on the ground alongside the wall. Or, measure the width of the wall and the width of a single panel, and do the format on paper. Your objective is to keep away from chopping very slim panels at every finish of the wall. Understand that you’ll be staggering the rows of panels so their vertical seams don’t line up.
5. Set up the primary panel of the underside row (scroll all the way down to learn part entitled “Putting in Every Stone Veneer Panel”). You’ll be able to work from the left or proper, and you can begin with the very finish panel or the one subsequent to it. If you do set up an finish panel, you could must scribe it to the adjoining wall floor (learn final part of this text, “Scribing Stone Veneer PanelsInstalling Every Stone Veneer Panel
Normally you utilize each adhesive and screws to put in every stone veneer panel. In case you are putting in the panels on concrete, you could as an alternative observe a special technique utilizing adhesive solely.
Adhesive and Screws (any floor)
1. Select flat-head Phillips screws acceptable to your set up:
o You want 4 screws per panel.
o For exterior installations, be sure you use exterior screws that will not rust.
o For set up into wooden studs, use screws lengthy sufficient to penetrate between three/four inch and 1 inch into the stud. Don’t use longer screws; you possibly can hit wires or pipes!
o For set up over concrete, use Tapcon® concrete screws lengthy sufficient to penetrate between 1 inch and 1 three/four inch into the concrete.
2. Dry-fit the panel in place and ensure it suits. In case you are putting in on concrete, pre-drill a gap close to every nook for the Tapcon screw. Comply with the producer’s specification for the opening dimension.
three. Apply building adhesive in a zigzag sample to the again of the panel.
four. Apply adhesive to any edge that matches towards an present panel. Apply it so it should squeeze out towards the again slightly than the entrance.
5. Slip the panel into place, interlocking the seams with adjoining panels. Use your hand or fist to faucet the panel so the seams are very tight.
6. Drive a screw into the panel close to every nook, barely countersinking the screw head.
Adhesive Solely (different technique for concrete)
1. Learn the directions on the can of Nice Stuff Gaps & Cracks filler. Put on disposable gloves; Nice Stuff is extraordinarily sticky.
2. Dry match the panel in place and ensure it suits.
three. If this panel suits towards already-installed panels, apply building adhesive to these edges on the put in panels. Apply it so it should squeeze out towards the again slightly than the entrance.
four. Fastidiously apply a zigzag snake of Nice Stuff to the again of the panel. Keep a number of inches away from the sides, and do not apply an excessive amount of. The froth expands because it cures.
5. Instantly slip the panel into place on the wall. Wiggle it barely to unfold the froth, and press it firmly towards adjoining panels so the seams are tight.
6. Maintain the panel firmly towards the wall for a couple of minutes till the froth units. Be certain it is firmly connected earlier than putting in the subsequent panel.
Scribing Stone Veneer Panels
If you match a pretend stone Snap on veneers panel towards a superbly plumb adjoining wall or a superbly stage ground, all you want to do is reduce the panel straight throughout. But when the wall or ground is irregular or out of sq., you want to scribe the sting of the panel so it suits exactly with none ugly gaps.
These steps clarify scribing to a wall. Use an analogous process to scribe to a ceiling or ground.
1. Set the compass unfold:
o If you happen to’re putting in the first panel in a row, and the panel is already reduce to the appropriate tough size, unfold the compass simply extensive sufficient to cowl the most important hole between the wall and the strong a part of the panel — say, 1/2 inch.
o If you happen to’re becoming the final panel in a row, first reduce the panel an inch or two over-long. Maintain it in place, stage and butted towards the wall, so it barely overlaps the next-to-last panel. Then unfold the compass to precisely match the quantity of the overlap (not counting the interlocking tabs).
2. Fastidiously maintain the panel in place, stage and butted towards the wall. With the compass pencil resting on the panel and the purpose resting towards the wall, slide the compass so the pencil traces a line on the panel as the purpose follows the contour of the wall.
three. Reduce rigorously alongside the road. Check the match and use a rough file to take away any excessive spots.